Beautiful 1910 Classic Craftsman 3 level Home situated on one of the prettiest family friendly streets in East Vancouver.
5229 Elgin Street, Vancouver BC$1,699,000 Fraser VE VANCOUVER CITY VANCOUVER EAST House/Single Family Residential Detached 3 Storey By Appointment Only Featured For Sale Open House Virtual Tour
- Open House:
Showing window Sunday 12pm to 1pm (by appointment with 24 hours notice)
5229 Elgin Street, Vancouver BC
- Postal Code: V5W 3J9
- MLS® Number: R2327472
- Listed By: Re/max Select Properties
- Year Built: 1910
- Size: 2,320 Sq ft
- Frontage Size: 33
- Depth Size: 100
- Style: Craftsman
- Lot Size: 3,300
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Parking: 1
- Tax Year: 2018
- View: Mountains from top floor
- Amenities: Schools: - Sir Alexander Mackenzie Elementary & John Oliver Secondary
5229 Elgin Street, a beautiful 1910 Classic Craftsman 3 level Home situated on one of the prettiest family friendly streets in East Vancouver. This home has been meticulously maintained and renovated throughout its stewardship. The incredibly bright and open plan allows for large furniture and creates an open feeling that connects all three main spaces of living room, dining room, and large island kitchen. The chef’s kitchen has quartz counters, stainless appliances and lots of natural West facing light. Perfect for entertaining w/French doors lead onto the back deck and west facing yard adding even more space those summer BBQ’s. There is also a telephone desk, mud room, laundry room and full bathroom on main with beautiful Carrera Marble. Upstairs has 2 spacious bedrooms, full bath + den which could be used a 3rd bedroom or home office. The self-contained garden suite is also fully renovated and features a 2 bedroom (2nd bed currently a den) and has plenty of natural light. The house has excellent tenants paying a total of $5255 in rent ($3360 up + $1895 down). There are plenty of character details including: cedar exterior, original staircase and moldings. All the main systems of the house have been completely updated including: Roof, gutters, drain tiles, IBC boiler, hot water on demand, windows, LED lighting, insulation, hard wired smoke detectors, water sprinklers, alarmed, updated wiring. This is an excellent family home or a turnkey investment property.
Book an appointment to view #5229 Elgin Street today!
FEATURES & UPGRADES:
- 2013 New vinyl windows in top floor of house and some in main floor and garden suite.
- New skylights were also installed in 2010 and 2013.
- 2013 New gutters with leaf guards installed, flashing installed around back deck.
- 2010 New 40 year shingle roof installed on both the house and the garage.
- 2010 Newer top of the line IBC commercial on demand boiler system (gas), provides hot water heat to entire house. Installed and maintained by Reid Brothers.
- Rennai on demand water (gas) system provides hot water to entire house.
- 2012 – In line gas BBQ on main suite back deck.
- Gas stoves in both upper and lower suite.
- Upper suite has wine fridge.
- Hard wired smoke detectors throughout the house. Water sprinkler system installed throughout the house. House was wired for alarm, but currently not in use.
- Garage is solid structure on poured concrete pad, fully insulated and wired, and has its own electrical panel and 220 V plug for power tools or future conversion to suite (stove).
- Stainless steel energy efficient Kitchen Aid appliances in upper suite, LG washer/dryer unit. Gas stove, dryer is gas as well, so utility bills are low.
- Quartz composite countertops installed in both upper suite and garden suite kitchen. Quarts composite is also installed in the office area adjacent to the upper suite kitchen.
- Carrera marble is installed in the upper suite bathroom sink, and tub surround, tile is glass and Carrera marble. And the garden suite bathroom sink and window ledge are also Carrera marble.
- New LED lighting throughout, including new led potlights in basement suite. New Panasonic high efficiency bathroom fans in every bathroom.
- Both suites were recently painted in the last 2 years with Benjamin Moore Aura paint.
- Crown molding, oak paneling and coffered ceilings throughout house.
- Original 1911 staircase, wood doors, and wood trim/paneling in entry way.
- Main bedroom has opening Velux wood trim skylight providing views of north shore mountains.
- New gutters with leaf guards installed in 2013, flashing installed around back deck. New 40 year shingle roof installed in 2011 and 2012 on both the house and the garage.
- Drain tile surround house and drain clean out installed in front of house on north side.
- House had vermiculite insulation (possible asbestos) in attic removed professionally as part of my sales agreement in Feb 2010. It was replaced with a thick layer of blown in insulation.
- Chicken coop in back yard. Raised garden bed organic top soil and Cherry tree and espaliered apple tree (6 varieties)
- Garage has separate side storage area with sliding barn door.
- Suite has 2 separate entrances and private patio, with fully fenced side outdoor area
- House is on very family friendly and pet friendly block with a community garden and community park at one end. Cedar Cottage Community Association holds music in the park events and summer potlucks at the park at the end of Elgin and 37th.
- Elgin and 37th is at the intersection of two popular bike routes.
5229 ELGIN STREET